Thursday, July 22, 2010
NEVER LET ANYONE STEAL YOUR SUNSHINE
“Your love is nothing I can’t fight. Can’t sleep with the man who dims my shine!”
"If you could read my heart, you’ll know how broke it was since that day."
That’s the problem with many relationships these days. People have been so conditioned to thinking that being coupled is the most important thing there is to a social existence. Ranked above friendship, a career, even above your own happiness. That last part always had me confused though, think about it- Being with someone is more important than being happy? I must have grown up on too many fairy tales because the two (being coupled and being happy) always used to go hand-in-hand in writings. So when did it happen that happiness was not a side effect of this “relationship” we’re trained to desperately seek?
Let it be this:
1. You’re worth more to you than you are to anyone else, value yourself appropriately.
2. Love who you’re with, but never be blinded by the feeling to the point you’re no longer self-sufficient
3. Spend time developing solid friendships. Lovers will come and go, but your friends will be there to have your back.
4. Learn to be happy alone or you’ll never know how to be happy with someone
5. Never mistreat those close to you. The same way you wouldn’t want someone mistreating you and
6. What goes around DOES come around, maybe not today, but when that other shoe drops you better pray you’re not under it.
Now go on, live, love, and glow!
"If you could read my heart, you’ll know the true meaning of trust and sincerity."